MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20210715 【 Citizen Science 】(26)

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20210715 【 Citizen Science  】(26) Empty
發表主題: 20210715 【 Citizen Science 】(26)   20210715 【 Citizen Science  】(26) Empty周四 7月 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Citizen Science:
discovering our world together

Although the term "citizen science" is fairly new, amateurs have been making scientific contributions for a long time.

In the late 19th century, a network of volunteers was organised across America to collect information about bird migration.

The resulting Christmas Bird Count , which began in 1900 , still has over 1950 groups participating every year across both Canada and the U.S.

The annual Great Backyard Bird Count is a worldwide event that likewise started decades ago.

But nowadays the variety of citizen science projects has exploded and citizen scientists are involved in all sorts of activities.

They catalog local wildlife species and monitor population numbers and migration patterns of butterflies.

They test local water quality and soil composition and monitor levels of air, water and light pollution.

They help observe everything from whale songs to frog mating calls to pictures of galaxies taken by space telescopes.

They collect and classify dragonfly larvae to test for mercury pollution and even count craters in high-resolution images of the moon.

Armed with smartphones, science apps that use social media and their curiosity,citizen scientists contribute to a seemingly limitless variety of scientific endeavours.

What would you like to discover about your world?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
migration
migrate
Many people in rural areas have migrated to urban areas in the last 50 years.

likewise
Sally put on her coat to go outside, and her kids did likewise.

fairly / relatively / kind of

make a contribution

have butterflies in our stomach
I have butterflies in my stomach before i singing on stage.

crater
When in Hawaii, many visitors take helicopter rides over the crater of a volcano.

endeavor
many endeavour have been made to include....
endeavor to improve....

larvae / nymph

armed with +N
回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20210715 【 Citizen Science 】(26)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: