MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20210714 【 Citizen Science 】(25)

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20210714 【 Citizen Science  】(25) Empty
發表主題: 20210714 【 Citizen Science 】(25)   20210714 【 Citizen Science  】(25) Empty周三 7月 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Citizen Science:
discover our world together

Get better acquainted with your local envirnomnet

Citizen science would like to introduce you to a fascinating new friend:
the world around you!

Delightful natural phenomena fill the local environments in which you live,
and today's technology makes amateur science more fun and accessible than before.

Imagine joining hundreds of other people in an activity organized by a local university's biology department.

Identifying as many species as possible mammals, birds , bugs , plants , fungi, etc.
on a certain local mountain within 24 hours is your collective goal.

Together with others you use your phone cameras and an app to document thousands of species.

This popular kind of citizen science project is called "BioBlitz."

Citizen science, AKA community science or volunteer monitoring , is crowdsourced scientific research.

National Geographic states it as "the practice of public participation and collaboration in scientific research to increase scientific knowledge.

Through citizen science, people share and contribute to data monitoring and collection programs."

If it were not for enthusiastic groups of smartphone-carrying volunteers, scientists wouldn't be able to capture so much data from such a wide area.

It's a win-win situation for both professional scientists, who collect valuable information, and local people who share in an enjoyable learning experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

accessible
accessibility
The basement of this house is only accessible by this stairway.

collective
My group's collective science ..
a collective decision

world literal

get acquainted with +N

amateur

The waiter was rude, and that bugged me.

Don't bug me!!

document
What document need so ...

enthusiastic
a enthusiastic teacher can make all the ...
very enthusiastic about where
enthusiasm

crowdsource

if it were not for +N

回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20210714 【 Citizen Science 】(25)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: