MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20210525 【 How The Glycemic Index Works 】(12)

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20210525 【 How The Glycemic Index Works 】(12) Empty
發表主題: 20210525 【 How The Glycemic Index Works 】(12)   20210525 【 How The Glycemic Index Works 】(12) Empty周二 五月 25, 2021 1:56 pm

How the Glycemic Index Works

But there are some limits to the glycemic index.

Some foods contain more carbohydrates per cup than others.

This means that a regular serving of some foods doesn't even contain 50 grams of carbs.

Consequently, a regular serving of that food will not affect your blood sugar as much as the GI would suggest.

To solve this problem, scientists developed the idea of glycemic load.

The glycemic load reckons with both GI and portion size so that foods with fewer carbs per serving have a lower glycemic load.

In calculating a food's GI , you also need to take into account how you cook it .

The glycemic index of certain food will change depending on how they are to cooked  and whether they are eaten hot or cold.

This is because cooking food partially breaks down some carbohydrates, which speeds absorption of them.

And eating different foods together changes the rate at which your body absorbs carbohydrates.

The glycemic index can be a useful tool for figuring out which food are healthy and which are not .

But in the end , it's only one measure, so even if you're following  a low GI diet, you still need to eat a wide variety of foods in moderation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

consequently
I went to a movie last night instead

reckon with

equation

portion vs. helping
He was hungry and ordered two portions of roast duck.
We must all accept our portion in life.

health nut
I think Sara is a health nut, because she only eats organic food.

absorption
absorption of iron is too high
absorption with tv game

moderation
You may eat anything you like as long as it is done in moderation.
Moderation in all things is thought to be the key to a successful life.
回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20210525 【 How The Glycemic Index Works 】(12)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: