MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20191002 【 Students with Solutions 】

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20191002 【 Students with Solutions 】 Empty
發表主題: 20191002 【 Students with Solutions 】   20191002 【 Students with Solutions 】 Empty周四 10月 03, 2019 1:13 pm

Students with Solutions
Shark Tank for a scholarships

To conserve oceans, a pair of high school junior had solution:
Convert storm runoff and sewage into fuel.

Jonathan and Luis spent months doing research to compile a 20-page proposal that singled them out for that singled them out for the inaugural superintendent's innovation challenge.

Now came the hard part : Convincing a panel of judges in three minutes that their idea merited $20000 in scholarships.

Their assigned pitch coach, Amy , director of education at fairchild tropical botanic garden, was there to help.

"It's your story,"Padolf told them.
"Tell your story."

With Padolf cheering them on , Wong and Garcia were one of three teams whose problem-solving solutions surveyed grilling questions by judges.

This was similar to the popular reality show "Shark Tank,"
where entrepreneurs  pitch their business plans before celebrity investors.

With pledges for matching donations from community members, each winning student took home $10000.

Miami Superintendent Alberto created the challenge after he received $10000 in scholarship money form the Council of Great city schools.

But instead of passing along the money to one student, he created the "Shark Tank" - like challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------

compile
compile a booklet of useful information for

compilation

inaugural
inaugural exhibition
the president's inaugural address...

inauguration

jump the shark
The candidate  jumped the shark by dancing on the stage.

grill
the suspect was grilled....
回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20191002 【 Students with Solutions 】
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: