MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20190727 【 50th Anniversary: Man on the Moon 】

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20190727 【 50th Anniversary: Man on the Moon 】 Empty
發表主題: 20190727 【 50th Anniversary: Man on the Moon 】   20190727 【 50th Anniversary: Man on the Moon 】 Empty周六 7月 27, 2019 12:42 pm

50th Anniversary: Man on the Moon
We choose to go to the moon.

In the mid-20th century, the U.S. and the USSR were locked in a race to establish superiority in the exploration of space.

The Soviets had shocked the U.S. by successfully launching the world's first satellite.

Then in April of 1961, Russian cosmonaut Yuri became the first man to complete an orbit of the earth.

In May of that same year, newly-elected President John F.kennedy announced to the world that America was going to put a man on the moon before the decade was over.

It was an ambitious plan.

The necessary technology didn't exist yet.

But Kennedy was convinced nonetheless that if the entire nation put its will and resources towards the goal, a moon landing was achievable.

Kennedy's tragic assassination in 1963 meant the would't witness American ingenuity prevail.

But on July 16, 1969, just before the end of the decade, the Apollo 11 mission was about to take flight.

People around the world were glued to their TV screens, hoping that the three American astronauts would safely complete mankind's first trip to the moon.

The massive Saturn V rocket launched Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins into space.

Humans were on the way to the moon's surface.

---------------------------------------------------------------

superiority
military superiority
sense of superiority

Soviet
the Soviet Union

The best-laid plans of mice and men oft go awry.

prevail
The enemy may be strong , but we will prevail.
prevail over evil...

massive

回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20190727 【 50th Anniversary: Man on the Moon 】
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: