MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20231027 轉述動詞 Reporting Verbs (53)

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20231027 轉述動詞 Reporting Verbs (53) Empty
發表主題: 20231027 轉述動詞 Reporting Verbs (53)   20231027 轉述動詞 Reporting Verbs (53) Empty周五 10月 27, 2023 2:18 am

轉述動詞
Reporting Verbs
We use reporting verbs to cite other people's work or ideas or something from an article or a piece of news. In some cases, these verbs express the attitude of the speaker. Common reporting verbs are suggest, claim, tell, believe, point out, say, agree, mention, notice, and report. When we use a reporting verb, a that-clause is placed after the verb and acts as the object. This is illustrated in the example sentence: He claimed that the number of color terms in a population was related to their "intellectual and cultural development". It suggested that as languages develop, they create color names in a certain order.

今天要介紹的文法是 reporting verbs「轉述動詞」,這些動詞可以用來轉述別人說過的話或是想法,或是引用文章、報紙、雜誌的內容等等。有時,還可以用來表示說話者的態度。

本課中的單字像是:suggest, claim, tell, believe, point out 和 say, agree, mention, notice, report 都是非常常見的 reporting verbs。

使用 reporting verbs 時,我們會加上 that-子句作為受詞,例如本課的例句: He claimed that the number of color terms in a population was related to their "intellectual and cultural development". 他宣稱某族群中的顏色詞彙數目和他們的「智力和文化發展」有關。
It suggested that as languages develop, they create color names in a certain order. 研究認為隨著語言的發展,會創造出的顏色名稱有一定的順序。

例句
They still claim that this was not their fault.

他們仍舊宣稱這不是他們的錯。

The police reports that the suspect is still on the loose.

警方說明嫌犯還尚未落網。

I've pointed out that the plan won't work, they just wouldn't listen.

我有提出過這計畫不會成功的,他們就是不聽。
回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20231027 轉述動詞 Reporting Verbs (53)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: ENGLISH :: FF ENGLISH :: voicetube grammer-
前往: