MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20231002 過去進行式 The Past Continuous (66)

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20231002 過去進行式 The Past Continuous (66) Empty
發表主題: 20231002 過去進行式 The Past Continuous (66)   20231002 過去進行式 The Past Continuous (66) Empty周一 10月 02, 2023 3:45 am

過去進行式
The Past Continuous
The past continuous is mostly used to express "past" actions or states that are "incomplete", and its constructed by "be-verb (was/were) + present participle (V-ing)". We all know that present participles function similar to "adjectives", and following be-verbs, they describe a "state". it is because of this characteristic that this state has the feature of "continuity" or "frequent". Take this sentence from the lesson, "Why was I completely leaving out my left hand?", the action was not completed or concluded in the past. It is a state that "continued for a period of time; was undergoing in the past".

過去進行式多用來表達「過去未完成或不完整」的動作或狀態,由 be 動詞的過去式 (was/were) + 現在分詞 (V-ing) 構成。 我們都知道現在分詞類似於「形容詞」,而接在 be 動詞後,就是描述一種「狀態」。

所以注意,就是因為這樣的特性,這種狀態是會有「持續性」或「經常性」的特性。

例如本課 Why was I completely leaving out my left hand? 這句,這個動作並不是在過去就完成、結束的,反而是一種「持續了一段時間、過去正在進行中」的狀態。

例句
They were seeing a film last night.

他們昨晚在看一部電影。

He was playing basketball this morning.

今天早上他在打籃球。

I was running this time yesterday.

我昨天這個時候在跑步。
回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20231002 過去進行式 The Past Continuous (66)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)