MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20230831 動名詞 Gerunds(95)

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20230831 動名詞 Gerunds(95) Empty
發表主題: 20230831 動名詞 Gerunds(95)   20230831 動名詞 Gerunds(95) Empty周四 8月 31, 2023 2:29 am

動名詞
Gerunds

The gerund has the same function as a noun. We form a gerund by adding "-ing" to a verb.
For example, in this video, the speaker said, "Women tend to choose teaching and social work professions.
"Here, "teaching" is a gerund formed by adding -ing to verbs "teach".

Let's look at the other example: "Acknowledging gender stereotypes and their consequences is the first step towards breaking the mould.

" Here, "acknowledging gender stereotypes and their consequences" and "breaking the mould" are gerund phrases and act as nouns as well.

If we replace them with the pronoun "it", we get the sentences "It is the first step towards breaking the mould.

" and "Acknowledging gender stereotypes and their consequences is the first step towards it.

" Both of these two sentences are grammatically correct because gerund and gerund phrases can be considered nouns.

動名詞有和名詞相同的功能,我們在動詞的後方加上 ing 來形成動名詞,例如影片講者說 Women tend to choose teaching and social work professions.(女性往往傾向從事教學和社會工作。)這裡 teaching 是動名詞,由動詞 teach 加上 ing 形成。

我們來看看另一例句 Acknowledging gender stereotypes and their consequences is the first step towards breaking the mould.(承認性別刻板印象及其後果存在是打破常規的第一步。)這裡 acknowledging gender stereotypes and their consequences 以及 breaking the mould 都是動名詞片語,也作為名詞使用。

我們以代名詞 it 來替換動名詞片語,我們會得到以下兩個句子:It is the first step towards breaking the mould. 以及 Acknowledging gender stereotypes and their consequences is the first step towards it. 這兩句文法上都正確,因為動名詞和動名詞片語等同於名詞。

例句
Kindness is treating other people well.

仁慈就是善待他人。

One of Jamie's hobbies is watching badminton games.

Jamie 其中一項嗜好是觀看羽球比賽。

Sleeping is the most boring thing to a five-year-old child.

睡覺對五歲小孩來說是最無聊的事了。
回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20230831 動名詞 Gerunds(95)
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: ENGLISH :: FF ENGLISH :: voicetube grammer-
前往: