MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁日曆常見問題搜尋會員列表會員群組會員註冊登入

分享 | 

20181025 【 Unconquered 】

向下 
發表人內容
roy1107
Admin

文章數 : 1339
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

發表主題: 20181025 【 Unconquered 】   周四 10月 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Unconquered
The Invictus Games help injured veterans through sports

Over the past few years
, the Invictus Games have grown to include more athletes , teams and sports.

Since the first event in England, subsequent events have been held in the U.S. and Canada.

This year's Games are being hosted by Sydney, Australia.

The 2018 Games
In Australia, athletes from 18 different countries are expected to compete in 11 different sports.

Many of the sports are familiar to the public, but are modified for people who have suffered serious injuries.

Athletes will compete , for example, in wheelchair basketball and rugby as well as sitting volleyball.

In athletics, there are races for people in wheelchairs , with prostheses and for those running with a sighted guide.

Lessons for us all

At the closing ceremony of the 2017 Invictus Games, Prince Harry issued a challenge.

He encouraged people to take action.

He also asked them to improve something-big or small - in their lives, families or communities.

This year, let the Invictus Games motivate you to make a different , too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

subsequent
The injured football player performed poorly in subsequent games.
Subsequent to the success of his first novel, the author continued to amaze his readers with more exciting stories.

modify
The school building was modified to be more accessible for the physically challenged students.

modification

sighted
For sighted people, it's difficult to imagine how to live in a world of complete darkness.

motivate / motivation
The incentive policy was designed to motivate the sales representatives to sell more products.
回頂端 向下
檢視會員個人資料 http://roy1107.666forum.com

20181025 【 Unconquered 】
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: