MY LIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MY LIFE

recording everything happen to me in live, or knowledge, event, food, travel, music, moive, sport, etc.

首頁首頁  Latest imagesLatest images  搜尋搜尋  會員註冊會員註冊  登入登入  

20180707【 EELS 】

向下 
發表人內容
roy
Admin

文章數 : 1823
注冊日期 : 2012-12-02

20180707【 EELS 】 Empty
發表主題: 20180707【 EELS 】   20180707【 EELS 】 Empty周日 7月 15, 2018 9:27 am

Eels
These creatures are mysterious and endangered

Considered delicious by some and menacing by others, true eels have one thing in common:

The more you learn about them , the more fascinating they become.

There are over 800 species in the order Anguilliformes, or true eels.

This includes the saltwater four-meter moray and small four-centimeter deep-water eels as well as freshwater eels.

Their bodies all have long snake-like shapes , and their skin is covered with slime, thus the expression "slippery as an eel."

Freshwater eels have long been a popular dish in Asia and in parts of Europe even though all eel blood is highly toxic.

A serum made from eel blood was key to discovering how serious anaphylactic immune responses work.

Fortunately,cooking breaks down the toxic substances, making eel safe to eat.

And people love to eat it , so much so that eel fishing is no longer sustainable.

The endangered American eel, which is sold mainly to Asian markets , has shown a 65 percent drop in the number of eels that return to spawning grounds.

The Japanese and European eels have declined more dramatically and are now classified as endangered, and critically endangered, respectively.

-------------------------------------------------
menace
According to the weather forecast, the typhoon will be menacing the east coast of the island.

The girl has been menaced by the bullies at her school for almost a year.

slime

pufferfish

apple seed

plum

peach

almond

anaphylactic anaphylaxis
The doctor's prescription eased the patient's anaphylactic reaction to seafood.

spawn
Salmon usually go upstream in this river to spawn in fall.
You can see clumps of salmon spawn in this river in late summer.

回頂端 向下
https://roy1107.666forum.com

20180707【 EELS 】
回頂端 
1頁(共1頁)

這個論壇的權限:無法 在這個版面回復文章
MY LIFE :: air English course (三)-
前往: